Pittsburgh picks Kenny Pickett at No. 20
The Pittsburgh Steelers selected quarterback Kenny Pickett with the No. 20 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.
Pickett will presumably compete with free agent signing Mitchell Trubisky for the starting job in Pittsburgh. He struggled during his first four seasons in college for the Pittsburgh Panthers, but Pickett had a breakout fifth-year with 4,319 yards, 42 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, and a 67.2 completion percentage.
Pickett led the 2022 draft class in Passing Efficiency Rating, adjusted yards per attempt (9.7), and QBR (81.2), with the latter ranking ninth in the nation. He also ranks in the 95th percentile with 51 games of 10-plus pass attempts. On the other side of the equation, only 15.1% of Pickett's pass attempts came against defenses ranked inside the top 50 by Bill Connelly's SP+, which is the eighth-lowest mark among all quarterbacks drafted since 2010. No other quarterback in this class had less than 28% of their attempts against top-50 defenses.
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Kenny Pickett worked exclusively with Steelers third-string June 27th, 2022
- Pittsburgh picks Kenny Pickett at No. 20 April 29th, 2022
- Rapoport: Baker Mayfield likely sticking with Browns through draft April 25th, 2022
- Steelers sign quarterback Mitchell Trubisky to two-year deal March 14th, 2022
- Packers' Aaron Rodgers narrowing down choices for 2022 destination March 6th, 2022
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021