Cardinals pick up Kyler Murray fifth-year option
The Arizona Cardinals picked up quarterback Kyler Murray's fifth-year option for 2023.
The Cardinals now have the 2019 first overall pick under contract for the next two seasons. Murray is one of only three quarterbacks with at least 11,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards since 2019. He averaged a career-high 270.5 passing yards per game last year while also improving his completion percentage (69.2) and yards per attempt (7.9) for a third straight campaign.
Kyler averaged 21.1 FanDuel points per game last season. Among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, he ranked 11th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back (0.21). He averaged the second-fewest Rushing NEP per carry (0.22) out of the 11 quarterbacks with 50-plus carries.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- DeAndre Hopkins (knee) will be "full go" for Cardinals' training camp June 8th, 2022
- Kyler Murray returns for Cardinals' voluntary workouts June 1st, 2022
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (PED) suspended for six games May 2nd, 2022
- Cardinals acquire Marquise Brown in trade with Ravens April 28th, 2022