Lombardo: Seahawks 'very much in the mix' for Baker Mayfield
According to Matt Lombardo, the Seattle Seahawks are "very much in the mix for" Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield.
Per Lombardo, the interest in Mayfield's availability has reportedly increased with the draft approaching rapidly. Although Seattle may not have salary cap to take on all of Mayfield's current contract, the Seahawks remain one of the few teams with future flexibility to afford a potential extension with his free agent year approaching in 2023.
The 27-year old is coming off a rough season in 2022, ranking 30th among his position with a 63.6 Pro Football Focus offensive rating on 418 attempts.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Rashaad Penny "in the driver's seat" to lead Seahawks backfield June 21st, 2022
- Seahawks' Geno Smith 'still ahead' of Drew Lock for now June 10th, 2022
- D.K. Metcalf skipping Seahawks mandatory minicamp June 8th, 2022
- Carroll on Seahawks adding another quarterback: 'I don’t see us making a trade for anybody at all' May 5th, 2022
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (foot) running again May 2nd, 2022
- Seahawks draft running back Kenneth Walker at No. 41 April 29th, 2022