Minnesota's Irv Smith (knee) 'expects to be full go by training camp'
Minnesota Vikings tight end Irv Smith (knee) expects to be ready by training camp.
Despite not running routes during current on-field work, Smith believes he will be ready for Minnesota's training camp and his potential starting role after Tyler Conklin left for New York. "I wouldn’t put an exact this percent or this percent because every day I’m getting stronger and faster," said Smith about his recovery. "I'm confident that once I'm back on the field, I'll be 100%."
In Smith's last active season in 2020, the 23-year old recorded 1.3 yards per route run and 30 receptions for 365 yards and five touchdowns on 42 total targets.
- Eagles being 'precautious' with Miles Sanders (hamstring) August 19th, 2022
- Panthers resting Baker Mayfield Friday night August 19th, 2022
- Michael Gallup (knee) running routes during Cowboys' joint practice August 19th, 2022
- Cowboys: Dak Prescott having best camp of career August 19th, 2022
- Jaylen Warren establishing himself as No. 2 Steelers rusher August 18th, 2022
- Nelson Agholor serving as Top-3 receiver for Patriots in camp August 18th, 2022
- Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. (thumb) "on track" for Week 1 August 18th, 2022
- Minnesota's Kirk Cousins (COVID-19) out for Sunday's preseason opener August 12th, 2022
- Vikings' Justin Jefferson aiming to be the "best receiver in the NFL" after 2022-23 season July 20th, 2022
- Minnesota's Irv Smith (knee) 'expects to be full go by training camp' April 24th, 2022
- Quarterback Kirk Cousins signs one-year extension with Vikings March 14th, 2022
- Alexander Mattison (concussion) not listed on Minnesota's Week 17 injury report January 1st, 2021