Maaddi: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) 'believes he'll be ready for training camp'
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) is currently not throwing after surgery in early March.
Garoppolo believes "he'll be ready for training camp but there's a lot of steps in between now and then." With potential teams reportedly waiting for the veteran quarterback to fully recover from his shoulder surgery, Garoppolo's future remains in San Francisco. Heading into the draft next week, expect a training camp competition between the 30-year old and Trey Lance if a deal is not made.
On 441 attempts last season, Garoppolo ranked 22nd among his position with a 71.2 Pro Football Focus offensive rating.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Deebo Samuel still desires trade from 49ers June 27th, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Maaddi: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) 'believes he'll be ready for training camp' April 21st, 2022
- Hughes: 49ers reportedly have 'zero intention of trading' Deebo Samuel despite recent request April 20th, 2022
- Schefter: Deebo Samuel won't participate in 49ers' offseason programs April 19th, 2022
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel not expected to participate in offseason work pending new contract April 18th, 2022