Hughes: 49ers reportedly have 'zero intention of trading' Deebo Samuel despite recent request
According to Connor Hughes, the San Francisco 49ers have "zero intention of trading" wide receiver Deebo Samuel.
The 49ers are in a sticky situation with their star receiver after recent extension discussions did not progress and Samuel made a trade request last week. Per Hughes, "some team would have to get crazy — think more than what Dolphins gave up/Jets offered" for Tyreek Hill in order to acquire the Niners' wideout.
On 114 targets last season, Samuel ranked third among his position with a 90.2 Pro Football Focus rating.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Deebo Samuel still desires trade from 49ers June 27th, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Maaddi: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) 'believes he'll be ready for training camp' April 21st, 2022
- Hughes: 49ers reportedly have 'zero intention of trading' Deebo Samuel despite recent request April 20th, 2022
- Schefter: Deebo Samuel won't participate in 49ers' offseason programs April 19th, 2022
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel not expected to participate in offseason work pending new contract April 18th, 2022