Chargers sign tight end Gerald Everett to two-year deal
The Los Angeles Chargers have signed tight end Gerald Everett to a two-year contract worth up to $12 million.
The contract includes $8 million in guarantees, as well, for the former Seattle Seahawk and Los Angeles Ram. A second round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, Everett has been unable to carve out a consistent role with either of his two teams so far but will have the opportunity to play with Justin Herbert in the Chargers' exciting offense this season.
While Everett has yet to have a true breakout in the NFL, he did post a career year in each receiving metric in 2021, with 48 receptions for 478 yards and 4 scores in 15 games. He also added 20 yards on 3 carries, showing his exciting athleticism for a tight end. His primary competition for opportunities on the Chargers' depth chart includes Donald Parham and Tre' McKitty.
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Terrace Marshall taking "a massive leap" in second offseason with Panthers June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Chargers sign tight end Gerald Everett to two-year deal March 21st, 2022
- Mike Williams signs three-year contract to remain with Chargers March 9th, 2022
- Chargers "aren’t going to let Mike Williams go", could use franchise tag March 6th, 2022
- Texans sign Tyrod Taylor to one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million March 16th, 2021
- Chargers' Hunter Henry (COVID-19 reserve) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021