Browns' Baker Mayfield requests trade
Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield requested a trade on Thursday, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
Mayfield's agent reportedly submitted a trade request on Thursday after Cleveland's interest in Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. According to Pelissero, Cleveland was hoping to "move forward' after failing to acquire Watson, but Mayfield feels that the "bridge is burned". Speaking to ESPN on Thursday, Mayfield said "It’s in the mutual interest of both sides for us to move on. The relationship is too far gone to mend. It’s in the best interests of both sides to move on.” The Browns have reportedly since denied Mayfield's trade request. Stay tuned.
In 14 games for Cleveland last season, Mayfield completed 253 of 418 passes for 3,010 yards, 17 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions. Since being drafted first overall in the 2017 NFL draft, Mayfield has a combined 92 touchdowns and 56 interceptions in 60 regular-season games.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson suspension could be entire 2022 season June 24th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Rapoport: Baker Mayfield likely sticking with Browns through draft April 25th, 2022
- Baker Mayfield doesn't appear at Browns' voluntary workouts April 19th, 2022
- Texans' Deshaun Watson expected to be traded to Cleveland March 18th, 2022