Browns release wide receiver Jarvis Landry
The Cleveland Browns have released wideout Jarvis Landry, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
With Amari Cooper coming over from the Dallas Cowboys via trade, the Browns will now release Landry, who had previously been given the team's permission to seek a trade. Landry eclipsed 1,000 receiving yards just once in his four seasons with the Browns, and totaled 570 in his injury-shortened 2021 season.
The 29-year-old's average depth of target dropped each year with the Browns to just 7.9 yards in 2021, limiting his upside as a fantasy option as a result, so a change of scenery could be best for his prospects as a fantasy producer. Landry's days as a 100-catch-per-year receiver may be over, but he'll still be a valued player in the free agency market as a reliable slot receiver.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Saints' Alvin Kamara anticipating 6-game suspension June 24th, 2022
- Jameis Winston (knee) active at Saints OTAs May 26th, 2022
- Saints' Michael Thomas still has "a few hurdles" to climb in return from ankle injury May 6th, 2022
- Saints trade up, select Chris Olave eleventh overall April 28th, 2022
- Saints re-sign receiver Tre'Quan Smith March 28th, 2022
- Saints and quarterback Jameis Winston agree to two-year contract March 21st, 2022