Jets re-sign receiver Braxton Berrios to two-year deal
The New York Jets have re-signed receiver Braxton Berrios to a two-year contract worth $12 million, per ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The deal also includes $7 million in guarantees. A former New England Patriots draft pick, Berrios has spent the past three seasons with the Jets and was an All-Pro special teamer this past season, particularly for his work as a return man; the 26-year-old totaled 1,053 return yards on his 28 kick returns and 15 punt returns in 2021.
Berrios hasn't been as productive on offense as he has been on special teams, but he thrived as a dynamic offensive weapon as the Jets limped to the end of the 2021 season. Over his final three weeks of the season, Berrios caught 14 passes for 128 yards and a touchdown, while adding 25 yards and 2 more touchdowns on 5 carries. Berrios could vie for a productive role in New York with just Elijah Moore and Corey Davis ahead of him on the team's receiver depth chart.
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Breece Hall ahead of Michael Carter in Jets' backfield June 24th, 2022
- Hughes: Breece Hall 'is the lead back' for Jets' backfield committee with Michael Carter June 22nd, 2022
- Jets' Garrett Wilson generating "unbelievable" separation in practice June 12th, 2022
- Jets select running back Breece Hall at No. 36 after trade with Giants April 29th, 2022
- Jets draft Garrett Wilson tenth overall April 28th, 2022
- Tight end C.J. Uzomah to sign three-year contract with Jets March 14th, 2022