Running back Chase Edmonds signs two-year deal with Dolphins
Running back Chase Edmonds has agreed to a two-year contract with the Miami Dolphins, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
The deal is worth up to $12.6 million and includes $6.1 million in guarantees. The Arizona Cardinals opted to re-sign former teammate James Conner instead of bringing Edmonds back, so Edmonds will take his talents to Miami via free agency. There's upside for Edmonds with the Dolphins under new head coach Mike McDaniel, especially with Miami's thin running back depth chart.
Edmonds has flashed real upside, both on the ground and through the air, in his seasons with the Cardinals. While the Cardinals clearly prioritized Conner in short-yardage and goal-line situations, he has averaged an efficient 4.7 yards per carry in his career while 1,753 scrimmage yards over the past two seasons. The Dolphins could still add another back this offseason, but Edmonds seems locked into another productive role for the 2022 season.
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa anticipating more downfield passing in 2022-23 season June 2nd, 2022
- Dolphins sign running back Sony Michel May 9th, 2022
- Patriots acquire wide receiver DeVante Parker in trade with Dolphins April 2nd, 2022
- Chiefs dealing Tyreek Hill to Dolphins for 6 draft picks March 23rd, 2022
- Bills sign Duke Johnson Jr. to one-year contract March 21st, 2022
- Dolphins sign Raheem Mostert to one-year deal March 17th, 2022