Tom Brady announces un-retirement from football, will play for Buccaneers in 2022
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady has announced he is not retiring after all.
Brady's storied career was thought to be over, but on Twitter Sunday night, he announced he will be back in 2022 with the Bucs for his 23rd season in the NFL. There were rumors swirling that the franchise was interested in potentially trading for Deshaun Watson or Baker Mayfield, but at least for now, the team has the man to lead them into another title-contending season. This is huge news for Mike Evans, Chris Godwin (when he returns from his ACL tear) and the rest of the Buccaneers' receiving corps. And a byproduct of Brady's return should likely mean Rob Gronkowski - who himself was mulling retirement - comes back for another season.
In 17 games last season, Brady completed 485-of-719 (67.5 percent) of passes for 5,316 yards and 43 touchdowns against 12 interceptions.
- Kenneth Walker (oblique) officially out Thursday for Seahawks November 30th, 2023
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (groin) limited on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Texans' Noah Brown (knee) limited again on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Chargers' Quentin Johnston (ribs, finger) logs another full practice on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Patriots' Demario Douglas (concussion) DNP again on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Dallas Goedert (forearm) DNP again Thursday for Eagles November 30th, 2023
- Chris Godwin (neck) added to Buccaneers injury report Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Buccaneers' Baker Mayfield (ankle) practicing in full on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Buccaneers' Baker Mayfield (ankle) feeling better, expected to play Week 13 November 29th, 2023
- Baker Mayfield (ankle) could be limited in Buccaneers Week 13 prep November 29th, 2023
- Baker Mayfield (ankle) returns for Bucs Sunday; Kyle Trask back to bench November 26th, 2023
- Bucs' Baker Mayfield (ankle) taken to sidelines; Kyle Trask in at quarterback November 26th, 2023