Cowboys "close" to re-signing Michael Gallup (ACL)
The Dallas Cowboys and soon-to-be free agent wide receiver Michael Gallup (ACL) are reportedly close to signing an extension, per Adam Schefter.
The Cowboys appear to be willing to move on from fellow wideout Amari Cooper this offseason after a relatively down year, but are already "close" to re-signing Gallup despite Gallup's late-season ACL tear. Gallup's 2021 season was marred by injuries, but he does offer upside as a boundary receiver and has shown consistent chemistry with quarterback Dak Prescott over the years.
Gallup stands to benefit from the Cowboys' apparent falling out with Cooper, and had a solid 2021 season despite a weeks-long calf injury and his season-ending ACL injury. Over 9 total games (with two having been cut short by injuries), Gallup totaled 35 catches for 445 yards and 2 scores this past season.
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Dalton Schultz, Dallas distant on new deal June 27th, 2022
- Jalen Tolbert "likely" to start in Cowboys' offense June 20th, 2022
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott having "tremendous" offseason June 16th, 2022
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Dak Prescott 'looks really good' in 'movement ability' June 15th, 2022
- Dallas' Dak Prescott feeling "pumped up" about healthy offseason April 24th, 2022
- Dallas inks receiver James Washington to one-year deal March 20th, 2022