49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo dealing with "slight" sprained shoulder
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is dealing with a "slight sprain of his throwing shoulder," but is expected to practice Wednesday, per head coach Kyle Shanahan.
Garoppolo must have suffered the injury at some point during the 49ers' victory over the Dallas Cowboys Sunday afternoon in their Super Wild Card game, but it is apparently not expected to prevent him from practicing this week. This will be a situation worth monitoring as the 49ers advance in the NFL playoffs.
Garoppolo had a decent outing Sunday (completing 16 of 25 attempts for 172 yards, and an interception), but the team's inability to convert multiple good drives into touchdowns kept the game close. Rookie Trey Lance could make an appearance in this year's playoffs.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Maaddi: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) 'believes he'll be ready for training camp' April 21st, 2022
- Hughes: 49ers reportedly have 'zero intention of trading' Deebo Samuel despite recent request April 20th, 2022
- Schefter: Deebo Samuel won't participate in 49ers' offseason programs April 19th, 2022
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel not expected to participate in offseason work pending new contract April 18th, 2022
- Giants' Heliot Ramos riding pine Monday April 11th, 2022
- Frank Gore planning to retire a 49er after 16-year career April 3rd, 2022