Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options"
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options this offseason," Ian Rapoport reports, but has not officially requested a trade.
Wilson made some rumblings last offseason about potentially requesting a trade as well, so it would appear the star quarterback at least has interest in a change of location. The Seahawks' organization appears to be at a decision point after missing the playoffs for just the second time in nearly ten years, and a big shakeup could be on the way this offseason.
Wilson's season was briefly derailed by a nasty finger injury (and perhaps by returning too soon from that injury), but the veteran quarterback still posted a solid 2021 season, with 25 touchdowns to 6 interceptions while averaging 7.4 yards per attempt and absorbing sacks on 7.6% of his dropbacks (his lowest mark in four years). It's unclear what the future holds for Wilson or the Seahawks, but it's certain that teams will be interested in what Wilson has to offer if he does become available via a trade.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Carroll on Seahawks adding another quarterback: 'I don’t see us making a trade for anybody at all' May 5th, 2022
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (foot) running again May 2nd, 2022
- Seahawks draft running back Kenneth Walker at No. 41 April 29th, 2022
- Rapoport: Baker Mayfield likely sticking with Browns through draft April 25th, 2022
- Lombardo: Seahawks 'very much in the mix' for Baker Mayfield April 24th, 2022
- Condotta: 'The Seahawks remain unclear if or when' Chris Carson (neck) will return April 22nd, 2022