Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) remains on track for Kansas City
The Kansas City Chiefs think running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) is "heading in the right direction" to play in Sunday's Wild Card game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, reports James Palmer of NFL Network.
Palmer essentially repeated what Chiefs head coach Andy Reid offered on Monday. Edwards-Helaire, who missed the last two games of the regular season, is expected to be ready for Sunday's postseason matchup with the Steelers. Darrel Williams is also expected to be available after injuring his toe last game.
numberFire's models project CEH for 13.2 touches and Williams for 11.4 touches versus the Steelers. Among the 50 running backs with at least 100 carries this season, CEH ranked 31st in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry. The Steelers finished the regular season with the No. 28 run defense and the No. 5 pass defense in numberFire's adjusted team rankings.
- Colts continue Nyheim Hines hype May 26th, 2022
- Jameis Winston (knee) active at Saints OTAs May 26th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin (contract) absent for Commander OTAs May 24th, 2022
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Jaguars' Travis Etienne (foot) a "full-go" for offseason program May 23rd, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Chiefs plan to sign Ronald Jones to one-year deal March 27th, 2022
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling reportedly signs a 3-year deal with Kansas City March 24th, 2022
- Chiefs dealing Tyreek Hill to Dolphins for 6 draft picks March 23rd, 2022
- Chiefs and Tyreek Hill working on four-year contract extension March 6th, 2022
- Chiefs' Noah Gray (ankle) questionable to return versus Bengals January 30th, 2022
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill (hamstring) out for Week 17's game against Chargers January 1st, 2021