Tony Pollard (foot) to be ready for Cowboys' Wild Card game
Dallas Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said Monday that running back Tony Pollard (foot) will "absolutely" be ready for the team's upcoming Wild Card round game against the San Francisco 49ers.
Pollard was able to put in limited practices in the leadup to the team's regular season finale, but ultimately sat the game out while he nurses his torn plantar fascia tendon. While the team held him out of Saturday's mostly-meaningless Week 18 game, he is expected to return for their playoff game against the 49ers.
Pollard has provided juice to the Cowboys' backfield even since tearing his plantar fascia, putting up 1,056 yards on just 169 touches over 15 games this season. Even as a compliment to Ezekiel Elliott, Pollard has flashed moments of true upside for fantasy football from his elite speed and big play ability. His return should push Corey Clement back to the Cowboys' bench.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Dallas' Dak Prescott feeling "pumped up" about healthy offseason April 24th, 2022
- Dallas inks receiver James Washington to one-year deal March 20th, 2022
- Cowboys' Michael Gallup signs to five-year, $62.5 million contract March 14th, 2022
- Cowboys place franchise tag on Dalton Schultz March 9th, 2022
- Cowboys "close" to re-signing Michael Gallup (ACL) March 6th, 2022
- Rapoport: Cowboys will try to trade Amari Cooper March 6th, 2022