Joe Mixon tests positive, out for Bengals Week 18
Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon tested positive for COVID-19 and is out for Week 18 against the Cleveland Browns.
The Bengals are expected to rest some starters on Sunday if their playoff seed is locked in, so Mixon may not have played much anyway. Samaje Perine will likely handle most of Cincinnati's backfield workload as the team shifts focus toward the postseason.
Perine will be facing a Browns run defense that is ranked 25th in numberFire's adjusted team metrics for the season.
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- Tee Higgins (illness) cleared for Bengals in first round January 13th, 2023
- Tee Higgins (illness) turns in full practice for Bengals January 12th, 2023
- Tee Higgins out at Bengals practice due to illness January 11th, 2023
- Tee Higgins absent from Bengals practice Wednesday January 11th, 2023
- Tyler Boyd returns to game for Bengals in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Tyler Boyd being evaluated for concussion, questionable to return for Bengals in Week 18 January 8th, 2023