49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb) could still play Week 17
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb) could still play Week 17 versus the Houston Texans, per head coach Kyle Shanahan.
Garoppolo has a third-degree sprain of the ulnar collateral ligament in his throwing thumb, but he does not need surgery. The 49ers will see how Garoppolo feels at practice throughout the week before making a decision for Week 17. Garoppolo reportedly did not throw during the portion of Wednesday's practice that was open to the media. Trey Lance will make the start for the 49ers if Garoppolo is unavailable.
numberFire's models currently rank Lance as the QB14 for Week 17 if Garoppolo is out. In his only start this year, Lance ran the ball 16 times for 89 yards and finished with 15.6 FanDuel points despite not having any touchdowns. The 49ers have the seventh-worst pass defense in the NFL, according to our adjusted team metrics.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Maaddi: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) 'believes he'll be ready for training camp' April 21st, 2022
- Hughes: 49ers reportedly have 'zero intention of trading' Deebo Samuel despite recent request April 20th, 2022
- Schefter: Deebo Samuel won't participate in 49ers' offseason programs April 19th, 2022
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel not expected to participate in offseason work pending new contract April 18th, 2022
- Giants' Heliot Ramos riding pine Monday April 11th, 2022
- Frank Gore planning to retire a 49er after 16-year career April 3rd, 2022