Carson Wentz (COVID) will start for Colts if cleared Sunday
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz will start in Week 17 against the Las Vegas Raiders if he clears protocols on Sunday morning, per head coach Frank Reich.
Wentz's fifth day of protocol is on Sunday and Reich said he will start if available, despite missing an entire week of practice. Reich confirmed that Sam Ehlinger will start if Wentz is unavailable, which would be a significant downgrade for the entire offense.
The Colts have an inviting 25.5-point implied point total in Week 17, per numberFire's NFL Heat Map, and they are facing a Raiders defense that is susceptible to the passing game. According to our adjusted rankings, Las Vegas is 25th against the pass and fourth-best versus the run.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Reich: Colts 'will see how things play out with' T.Y. Hilton April 20th, 2022
- Falcons send quarterback Matt Ryan to Colts via trade March 21st, 2022
- Mo Alie-Cox signs three-year deal with Colts March 14th, 2022
- Commanders acquire Carson Wentz in trade with Colts March 9th, 2022
- Colts tight end Jack Doyle officially retires March 7th, 2022
- Colts' Michael Pittman (concussion) will play in Week 17 January 2nd, 2021