Update: Giants' Sterling Shepard done for season with torn Achilles tendon
New York Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard tore his Achilles tendon in the team's Week 15 loss to the Dallas Cowboys and is done for the 2021 season.
Shepard's 2021 season started off on a high note with 16 catches on 19 targets for 207 yards and a score over just 2 games, but was derailed by a slew of unfortunate injuries. A torn Achilles tendon at this point in the season could affect the veteran's availability for the start of the 2022 season.
Shepard will finish the 2021 season with 34 catches for 351 yards and 1 touchdown. He'll look to rehab his Achilles during the offseason and will hopefully make a full recovery before the 2022 season.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Austin Slater sitting for San Francisco Sunday May 8th, 2022
- Giants decline Daniel Jones' 2023 option April 28th, 2022
- Kadarius Toney arrives to Giants' voluntary workouts April 25th, 2022
- Giants reportedly looking to trade Kadarius Toney April 24th, 2022
- Rapoport: Saquon Barkley not expected to be traded by Giants March 6th, 2022
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021