Justin Fields (ribs) cleared, starting for Bears in Week 14
Chicago Bears quarterback Justin Fields (ribs) will start in Week 14 against the Green Bay Packers, head coach Matt Nagy announced.
Fields has been medically cleared and he will take back over as the starter after missing the past two games. Andy Dalton will return to backup duties. Fields has struggled as a passer, but he is averaging 57.3 rushing yards over his last four healthy games. Darnell Mooney should continue to lead the Bears in targets.
Among the 38 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs this season, Fields is ranked last in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back (negative-0.14) and Dalton is 24th (0.05). Fields and his 13.5% sack rate are an upgrade for the Packers D/ST in Week 14.
- Terry McLaurin (contract) absent for Commander OTAs May 24th, 2022
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Jaguars' Travis Etienne (foot) a "full-go" for offseason program May 23rd, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Cole Kmet to play 'different roles' in Bears offense May 9th, 2022
- Allen Robinson becomes unrestricted free agent on Tuesday March 8th, 2022
- Bears' Justin Fields excited for "clean slate" ahead of second season January 31st, 2022
- Bears reportedly sign Andy Dalton to 1-year $10 million contract March 16th, 2021
- Bears franchise tag Allen Robinson March 9th, 2021
- Bears' Cole Kmet (shoulder) questionable in Week 17 January 1st, 2021