Cowboys' Amari Cooper (COVID-19) 'not feeling best'
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper (COVID-19) is "not feeling the best," per head coach Mike McCarthy.
Cooper missed the past two games after testing positive for COVID-19 and he didn't practice on Monday. "My gut would be if he doesn't practice [Wednesday], I don't see him going to the game," McCarthy said of Cooper's status for Week 13. The owner and head coach seem to be on different pages, as Jerry Jones said on the radio Tuesday morning that the Cowboys were "fully expecting" Cooper to be ready for Thursday's game against the New Orleans Saints. He added that Cooper should be able to return to practice on Tuesday in some capacity. Michael Gallup will likely work opposite CeeDee Lamb (concussion) if Cooper misses a third straight game.
Cedrick Wilson led the Cowboys with 10 targets last week while Cooper and CeeDee Lamb (concussion) were both sidelined. Gallup has drawn a combined 18 targets in the last two games without Cooper. numberFire's models currently project Cooper for 6.9 targets versus the Saints on Thursday night.
- Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb/shoulder) not listed on 49ers' Divisional Round injury report January 20th, 2022
- Titans deciding Derrick Henry (foot) status Friday January 20th, 2022
- Ronald Jones (ankle) present at Buccaneers practice, still DNP January 20th, 2022
- Leonard Fournette (hamstring) in pads at Buccaneers practice January 20th, 2022
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling (back) doubtful for Packers January 20th, 2022
- Ronald Jones (ankle) remains out for Buccaneers January 19th, 2022
- Tony Pollard (foot) a full participant for Cowboys on Wednesday January 12th, 2022
- Tony Pollard (foot) to be ready for Cowboys' Wild Card game January 10th, 2022
- Tony Pollard (foot) out for Dallas in Week 18 January 7th, 2022
- Tony Pollard (foot) questionable for Cowboys on Saturday January 6th, 2022
- Cowboys' Michael Gallup suffered clean ACL tear, will make full recovery January 3rd, 2022
- Jones: Cowboys believe Michael Gallup tore ACL in loss to Cardinals Week 17 January 2nd, 2022