Browns not considering benching Baker Mayfield after Week 12 performance
Cleveland Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski shot down questions about quarterback Baker Mayfield's status as the team's starter following their Week 12 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
The Browns came into the season with high hopes of a playoff berth, but those hopes have come crashing down in recent weeks. While the team has dealt with a series of other issues, including injuries and a COVID-19 outbreak, much of the blame has been laid at the starting quarterback's feet. Mayfield has clearly been dealing with injuries throughout the course of the season, but both he and the team have maintained that he will remain the starter as long as he can.
Mayfield's Week 12 performance left much to be desired, with the Ravens' defense showing little respect to his ability to throw downfield for much of the contest. The fourth-year quarterback completed just 18 of 37 attempts for 247 yards and 1 touchdown, while taking 2 sacks and losing 1 fumble.
- Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb/shoulder) not listed on 49ers' Divisional Round injury report January 20th, 2022
- Titans deciding Derrick Henry (foot) status Friday January 20th, 2022
- Ronald Jones (ankle) present at Buccaneers practice, still DNP January 20th, 2022
- Leonard Fournette (hamstring) in pads at Buccaneers practice January 20th, 2022
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling (back) doubtful for Packers January 20th, 2022
- Ronald Jones (ankle) remains out for Buccaneers January 19th, 2022
- Browns expect Baker Mayfield back as starter in 2022 January 11th, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt (ankle) out for Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Nick Chubb (ribs) available for Browns' Week 18 contest against Cincinnati January 7th, 2022
- Cleveland's David Njoku (shoulder) questionable for Week 18's game against Bengals January 7th, 2022
- Kareem Hunt (ankle) questionable for Browns Week 18 January 7th, 2022
- Kareem Hunt (ankle) practicing for Browns in Week 18 January 6th, 2022