Raiders re-sign suspended Aldon Smith
The Oakland Raiders agreed to terms with outside linebacker Aldon Smith.
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports it's a two-year contract. Smith is suspended until at least November, but the Raiders apparently didn't want to risk missing out on him for a potential stretch run. It's also a vote of confidence that he's turned his life around.
Smith has only 5.5 sacks over his past 16 games, but he remains five months shy of his 27th birthday. He still has the potential to be one of the best pass rushers in the league. If Smith gets back to playing at a high level, he and Khalil Mack could form a scary duo.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Andy Dalton explodes for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 16's divisional win over Eagles December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) active for Week 16 clash with Eagles December 27th, 2020