Panthers' Sam Darnold (shoulder) reportedly expected to miss multiple weeks
Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold is expected to miss multiple weeks with a partial fracture of his scapula, per multiple reports.
Darnold apparently suffered the injury in the second quarter against the New England Patriots last weekend. P.J. Walker will likely take over as the Panthers' starting quarterback in the meantime. Considering how poorly Darnold has played over the last month, Walker could potentially win the job outright. He is a more aggressive thrower downfield than Darnold and could prove to be an upgrade for Robby Anderson and D.J. Moore. The Panthers are expected to face a negative game script in Week 10 against the Arizona Cardinals.
Darnold has a career-low 7.5-yard average depth of target (ADoT) this season while Walker's career ADoT is 10.6 yards on 71 attempts. The Cardinals enter Week 10 with the second-best overall defense and pass defense in numberFire's NFL Team Power Rankings. As a rookie last year, Walker scored 12.1 FanDuel points in his only career start.
- Ronald Jones (ankle) remains out for Buccaneers January 19th, 2022
- Derrick Henry (foot) participates in Titans' Wednesday practice January 19th, 2022
- Packers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling (back) DNP on Wednesday January 19th, 2022
- Leonard Fournette (hamstring) active at Buccaneers walkthrough January 19th, 2022
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) practicing on Wednesday January 19th, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell (knee) limited at 49ers practice January 19th, 2022
- Panthers' Robby Anderson (quad) available for Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Robby Anderson (quad) a GTD for Panthers Week 18 January 7th, 2022
- Robby Anderson (quad) absent from Panthers practice January 6th, 2022
- Cam Newton demoted for Panthers in Week 17 December 29th, 2021
- Sam Darnold starting for Panthers Week 17, Cam Newton benched December 29th, 2021
- Panthers bench Cam Newton for Sam Darnold in Week 16 December 26th, 2021