Panthers consider Sam Darnold (shoulder) day-to-day
Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold (shoulder) is considered to be day-to-day, per Ian Rapoport.
Darnold injured his shoulder back in Week 8 on the same play that knocked him out of the game with a concussion. While he was able to play in Week 9 against the Patriots, the Panthers' starter played poorly enough to earn a direct call-out from the team's head coach following the game. Even if Darnold is fully healthy for Week 10, it's fair to wonder if the Panthers might consider making a change at the position.
Darnold's -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per attempt ranks fourth-worst in the league after Week 9, with only three rookies from the 2021 NFL Draft class grading out worse. The Panthers' offseason decision to acquire Darnold has been looking increasingly regrettable as the season has developed.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Arizona's Chase Edmonds (ribs/toe) available for Monday's Wild Card contest January 15th, 2022
- James Conner (heel/rib) listed as questionable on Cardinals' Wild Card injury report January 15th, 2022
- Tampa Bay's Leonard Fournette (hamstring) reportedly out for Sunday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Panthers' Robby Anderson (quad) available for Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Robby Anderson (quad) a GTD for Panthers Week 18 January 7th, 2022
- Robby Anderson (quad) absent from Panthers practice January 6th, 2022
- Cam Newton demoted for Panthers in Week 17 December 29th, 2021
- Sam Darnold starting for Panthers Week 17, Cam Newton benched December 29th, 2021
- Panthers bench Cam Newton for Sam Darnold in Week 16 December 26th, 2021