Odell Beckham reportedly excused from Browns indefinitely
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham has been excused from the team indefinitely, reports Jason La Canfora.
The Browns told Beckham he was excused from Wednesday's practice and La Canfora is reporting the team is "willing to burn a 53-man roster spot just for him to stay away and excuse him indefinitely." He also said the Browns are currently unwilling to waive Beckham, but that a "financial resolution" could potentially be reached. Rashard Higgins and Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin) could see more work without Beckham on the team. Jarvis Landry should continue leading the team in targets.
numberFire's models project Landry to lead the Browns with 7.2 targets in Week 9 against the Cincinnati Bengals. Austin Hooper is second with 5.1 targets, followed by Higgins (4.2) and DPJ (3.5).
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) questionable to return for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) won't play for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will play in AFC Championship Game for Kansas City January 29th, 2023
- Travis Kelce (back) active for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Tyler Higbee (elbow) expected to play in Rams' Week 17 matchup December 31st, 2022
- Ben Skowronek (calf) out for remainder of Rams' 2022 season December 20th, 2022
- Schefter: Rams expected to start Baker Mayfield in Week 15 December 13th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) officially starting for Rams in Week 14; Baker Mayfield expected to see time December 8th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) in line to start Thursday for Rams December 8th, 2022
- Rams' Brandon Powell (illness) active Thursday for Week 14 December 8th, 2022