Michael Thomas (ankle) eligible to return for Saints this week
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) is eligible to return from the PUP list this week.
Thomas was unavailable for the first six weeks of the season following surgery on an ankle that limited him to seven games in 2020. The Saints offense doesn't have anyone with a target share of at least 20 percent, so Thomas should be able to immediately step in as Jameis Winston's top target. Marquez Callaway is likely going to take the biggest hit with Thomas active and there also figures to be fewer opportunities for guys like Deonte Harris, Kenny Stills, Ty Montgomery, and Lil'Jordan Humphrey. On the flip side, Thomas' return should provide more balance for an offense that has been the most run-heavy team in the league. New Orleans will face the Seattle Seahawks in Week 7 after coming off their bye.
Alvin Kamara is leading the Saints with a 19.1% target share and Callaway is second at 18.2%. Deonte Harris is pacing the offense in yards per target (14.6) despite checking in at third on the target totem pole (13.9%). The Saints are only passing the ball on 45.3% of their plays, fewest out of all 32 teams this season.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Arizona's Chase Edmonds (ribs/toe) available for Monday's Wild Card contest January 15th, 2022
- James Conner (heel/rib) listed as questionable on Cardinals' Wild Card injury report January 15th, 2022
- Tampa Bay's Leonard Fournette (hamstring) reportedly out for Sunday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) out for Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Tre'Quan Smith (chest) returns to Saints practice January 6th, 2022
- Mark Ingram (knee) on track for Saints in Week 18 January 6th, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) out for Week 17 January 2nd, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) considered unlikely to play in Week 17 January 2nd, 2022
- Saints' Taysom Hill activated from reserve/COVID list on Wednesday December 29th, 2021