49ers' Trey Lance sprained left knee in Week 5
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Trey Lance suffered a sprained knee in Sunday's Week 5 loss to the Arizona Cardinals, per Adam Schefter.
The 49ers are on bye this week, so we might not get many more updates on his status until after the Week 6 games. Head coach Kyle Shanahan mentioned that Lance "could miss some time" according to Schefter, but Shanahan has been misleading with his comments to the public before.
Lance played 100% of the snaps in his first NFL start, so whatever injury he picked up must have worsened after the game. His debut had its ups and downs, as the rookie completed 15 of 29 passes for 192 yards and 1 interception while taking 2 sacks for 6 yards. It was a rough first outing, but Lance flashed his playmaking ability on the ground against Arizona's relentless pass rush, posting 89 rushing yards on 16 attempts. He's a borderline QB1 for fantasy going forward based on rushing production alone, assuming he continues to start.
- Jalen Hurts (ankle) still Eagles starter when healthy December 7th, 2021
- Justin Fields (ribs) uncertain for Bears in Week 14 December 7th, 2021
- Seahawks expect Alex Collins (abdomen) to play Week 14 December 7th, 2021
- Browns put David Njoku on COVID-19 list December 7th, 2021
- Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder) practicing in full for Steelers December 7th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) turns in limited practice session December 7th, 2021
- 49ers' Jeff Wilson dealing with knee injury December 7th, 2021
- Deebo Samuel (groin) day-to-day for 49ers December 7th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell in league concussion protocols December 6th, 2021
- 49ers place Trey Sermon (ankle) on injured reserve December 4th, 2021
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (groin) officially ruled out for Week 13 December 3rd, 2021
- Jauan Jennings could be 49ers No. 2 wideout Week 13 November 30th, 2021