Randall Cobb adds 'flexibility' to Packers offense
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb gives the offense "a lot of flexibility," quarterback Aaron Rodgers praised.
Cobb led the Packers in receiving in Week 4 as he recorded five catches for 69 yards and a pair of touchdowns on six targets. The 11-year veteran played a season-high 46 percent of the Packers' offensive snaps with Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring) sidelined. “He’s still a really good player, for one,” Rodgers said of Cobb. “There’s a knack to playing in the slot. Davante (Adams) is an All-Pro inside or outside receiver, but to have another guy in there who can get open like that and have the feel that (Cobb) does just gives us a lot of flexibility in the offense, for sure.” Valdes-Scantling is out for at least two more games, so Cobb should see an expanded role again in Week 5 versus the Cincinnati Bengals.
Cobb scored 21.4 FanDuel points in Week 4, sixth-most among wide receivers. Through Sunday's games, Cobb has added the second-most Reception Net Expected Points per target among all wideouts with multiple targets this week.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Arizona's Chase Edmonds (ribs/toe) available for Monday's Wild Card contest January 15th, 2022
- James Conner (heel/rib) listed as questionable on Cardinals' Wild Card injury report January 15th, 2022
- Tampa Bay's Leonard Fournette (hamstring) reportedly out for Sunday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Demovsky: Packers 'are planning to start Aaron Rodgers' in Week 18 January 7th, 2022
- Packers' Davante Adams expecting to sit early Week 18 January 6th, 2022
- Randall Cobb (core) returns to Packers practice Thursday December 30th, 2021
- Packers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling activated off reserve/COVID list December 29th, 2021
- Packers place Marquez Valdes-Scantling on COVID list December 21st, 2021
- Packers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling (back) active for Week 15 December 19th, 2021