Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs are planning to sign wide receiver Josh Gordon, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Gordon is being reinstated by the NFL and he is eligible to play in Week 4 for the first time since Week 15 of the 2019 season. The Chiefs have struggled to find consistent production behind Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill, so Gordon could conceivably emerge as Patrick Mahomes' trusted third option. The former All-Pro wideout, who is now 30, has only been available for 33 games since the 2014 season after he scored 14 touchdowns in his first two years in the league.
Among all active receivers with at least 200 catches for their career, Gordon is averaging the second-most yards per catch (17.2) behind DeSean Jackson (17.5).
- Terry McLaurin (contract) absent for Commander OTAs May 24th, 2022
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Jaguars' Travis Etienne (foot) a "full-go" for offseason program May 23rd, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Chiefs plan to sign Ronald Jones to one-year deal March 27th, 2022
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling reportedly signs a 3-year deal with Kansas City March 24th, 2022
- Chiefs dealing Tyreek Hill to Dolphins for 6 draft picks March 23rd, 2022
- Chiefs and Tyreek Hill working on four-year contract extension March 6th, 2022
- Chiefs' Noah Gray (ankle) questionable to return versus Bengals January 30th, 2022
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill (hamstring) out for Week 17's game against Chargers January 1st, 2021