Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) is expected to miss a "few" weeks, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
McCaffrey suffered a hamstring injury during Thursday's game against the Houston Texans and was immediately ruled out. He is expected to undergo further tests to determine the exact severity of the injury, but his timetable to return is expected to span at least a few weeks. Rookie running back Chuba Hubbard saw the majority of carries following McCaffrey's exit on Thursday, and would likely lead Carolina's backfield against the Cowboys in Week 4.
Hubbard finished Week 3's game with 11 carries for 52 rushing yards and 3 receptions on 5 targets for 27 receiving yards.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Terrace Marshall (concussion) still out Thursday for Panthers October 21st, 2021
- Carolina's Terrace Marshall (concussion) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Panthers' put Brandon Zylstra (hamstring) on IR October 19th, 2021
- Panthers to 'redefine' offense, run ball more October 18th, 2021
- Panthers' Terrace Marshall (concussion) ruled out of Week 6 contest October 17th, 2021
- Panthers place Christian McCaffrey on Injured Reserve, eligible to return in Week 10 October 16th, 2021