Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy
Chicago Bears quarterback Andy Dalton (knee) is still the team's starter when he's healthy, head coach Matt Nagy reiterated Wednesday.
Justin Fields will make his first NFL start in Week 3 against the Cleveland Browns as Dalton deals with a knee injury, but Nagy has made it clear that the veteran is still the starter when he's available. Despite the coach's comments, Fields has the talent to steal the job away while Dalton is sidelined. Fields' average depth of target (10.5 yards) is also more than twice as long as Dalton's (4.6), which improves the upside of Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney. Dalton is considered week-to-week for now.
Among the 35 quarterbacks with double-digit drop backs this season, Dalton is averaging the eighth-fewest Passing Net Expected Points per drop back and Fields is last. Fields has a $6,500 salary on FanDuel in Week 3. The Browns are allowing the third-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season.
- Saints reportedly acquire running back Mark Ingram in trade with Texans October 27th, 2021
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) DNP on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Rapoport: Washington's Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) weeks away from return October 27th, 2021
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton (quad) DNP on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) questionable for Week 8 clash with Packers October 27th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) active at Washington practice Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Bears' Allen Robinson (ankle) will play in Week 7 October 24th, 2021
- Damien Williams activated off Bears' Reserve/COVID-19 list October 23rd, 2021
- Khalil Herbert expected to leap Damien Williams on Bears depth chart October 22nd, 2021
- Bears put Jimmy Graham on COVID-19 list October 22nd, 2021
- Chicago's Allen Robinson (ankle) listed as questionable for Week 7's game against Tampa Bay October 22nd, 2021
- Chicago's Allen Robinson (ankle) limited on Thursday October 21st, 2021