Bears name Justin Fields Week 3 starter versus Browns
Chicago Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields will make his first NFL start in Week 3 against the Cleveland Browns, head coach Matt Nagy announced.
Andy Dalton is going to miss at least one game with a knee injury, setting up Fields for his first start. Fields completed 6-of-13 passes for 60 yards with an interception, and added 10 carries for 31 yards in Week 2 once Dalton left. Despite not playing close to a full game, Fields has one of five quarterback performances in the NFL this year with double-digit rush attempts. Nagy reiterated that Dalton will remain the Bears' starter once he's healthy.
The Browns are allowing the third-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season. Fields, who has a $6,500 salary on FanDuel in Week 3, ranks last in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back out of the 35 quarterbacks with 10-plus drop backs this season. Dalton is 28th. However, Fields' average depth of target (10.5 yards) is more than twice as long as Dalton's (4.6), which improves the upside of Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney.
- New York's Michael Carter (ankle) placed on injured reserve, out at least 3 games November 27th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron (knee) on injured reserve on Saturday November 27th, 2021
- Jets' Corey Davis (groin) doubtful for Week 12's game against Houston November 27th, 2021
- Washington's Logan Thomas (hamstring) 'likely' to be activated in Week 12 November 27th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) questionable for Washington's Week 12 matchup November 27th, 2021
- Titans place A.J. Brown (chest) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 15 November 27th, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields dealing with "a few cracked ribs" November 26th, 2021
- Allen Robinson (hamstring) ruled out for Bears on Thanksgiving November 25th, 2021
- Bears' Allen Robinson (hamstring) doubtful for Week 12 November 24th, 2021
- Andy Dalton officially named Bears' Thanksgiving starter versus Detroit November 23rd, 2021
- Bears expected to start Andy Dalton in Week 12 with Justin Fields (ribs) sidelined November 22nd, 2021
- Rapoport: Bears believe Justin Fields only bruised ribs November 22nd, 2021