49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol
San Francisco 49ers rookie running back Trey Sermon was placed in the concussion protocol following Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Sermon took a hard hit and fumbled the ball on the first rushing attempt of his career. He will have to clear protocol in order to play in Week 3 against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night. JaMycal Hasty (ankle) also made an early exit in Week 2 and Elijah Mitchell injured his shoulder, but he was able to return to the game. Mitchell and Trenton Cannon are the 49ers only two healthy backs at this time. Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that the 49ers are looking at free agent running backs Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, and T.J. Yeldon.
The 49ers have earned the second-best run blocking grade from Pro Football Focus through the Sunday night game in Week 2. San Francisco's Week 3 opponent, the Packers, are allowing the 11th-most FanDuel points per game to the running back position.
- Alex Collins (groin) active for Seattle's Week 7 matchup against Saints October 25th, 2021
- Jets reportedly acquire Joe Flacco in trade with Eagles October 25th, 2021
- Nick Chubb (calf) expected back for Browns Week 8 October 25th, 2021
- Flores: Dolphins will place Malcolm Brown (quad) on Injured Reserve October 25th, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) will play in Saints' Week 7 contest against Seattle October 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Texans likely trading Deshaun Watson by deadline October 25th, 2021
- Shanahan: 49ers will start Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 8's matchup against Bears October 25th, 2021
- 49ers activate JaMychal Hasty (ankle) from Injured Reserve on Saturday October 23rd, 2021
- JaMycal Hasty (ankle) expected to play in San Francisco's Week 7 matchup October 22nd, 2021
- Schefter: 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo expected to start against Colts in Week 7 October 22nd, 2021
- San Francisco's Trey Lance (knee) out for Week 7's matchup against Colts October 22nd, 2021
- Trey Lance (knee) still not practicing for 49ers October 21st, 2021