Texans' Davis Mills in for Tyrod Taylor in Week 2
Davis Mills will open the Houston Texans' third quarter in Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns while Tyrod Taylor deals with a leg injury.
Taylor was seen limping after his rushing touchdown in the second quarter, but no announcement was made at the time. However, Mills will be the quarterback to start the third quarter while we await further information about the veteran.
Mills, a third round pick out of Stanford, was once a highly-touted recruit at the college level before injuries mired his collegiate career. The Texans traded up for the unproven quarterback in the third round of the 2021 NFL Draft, so we'll see what he has to offer in Week 2.
- Chargers' Mike Williams placed on reserve/COVID list on Wednesday, uncertain for Week 14 December 8th, 2021
- Austin Ekeler (ankle) limited for Chargers on Wednesday December 8th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones (hip) practicing Wednesday for Washington December 8th, 2021
- Bears' Allen Robinson (hamstring) returns to practice on Wednesday December 8th, 2021
- James Robinson (heel, knee) limited for Jaguars on Wednesday December 8th, 2021
- Bears' David Montgomery (shoulder, groin, glute) DNP on Wednesday December 8th, 2021
- Texans minimizing Tyrod Taylor wrist injury, undecided on starter December 8th, 2021
- Rapoport: Tyrod Taylor (wrist) week-to-week for Texans December 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Davis Mills expected to start for Texans Week 14 December 6th, 2021
- Texans bench Tyrod Taylor; Davis Mills taking over in Week 13 December 5th, 2021
- Texans' David Johnson (illness) out for Week 13 December 5th, 2021
- Brandin Cooks (illness) available for Houston in Week 13 December 5th, 2021