Jets losing top OL Mekhi Becton (knee) 4-6 weeks
New York Jets starting left tackle Mekhi Becton (knee) is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
Becton will require "arthroscopic knee surgery to clean up damaged cartilage," per ESPN's Adam Schefter, after he was carted off the field during Sunday's season-opening loss to the Carolina Panthers. The injury is a downgrade for Zach Wilson and the Jets offense ahead of a Week 2 matchup with the New England Patriots.
Wilson was under pressure for the third-most dropbacks out of any quarterback on Sunday, per Pro Football Focus, and he completed 5-of-16 passes for 109 yards and a touchdown in those situations.
- Saints reportedly acquire running back Mark Ingram in trade with Texans October 27th, 2021
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) DNP on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Rapoport: Washington's Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) weeks away from return October 27th, 2021
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton (quad) DNP on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) questionable for Week 8 clash with Packers October 27th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) active at Washington practice Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Mike White officially named Jets' Week 8 starter October 27th, 2021
- Mike White to start for Jets over Joe Flacco October 26th, 2021
- Jets reportedly acquire Joe Flacco in trade with Eagles October 25th, 2021
- Zach Wilson out for Jets 2-4 weeks with PCL sprain October 25th, 2021
- Jets' Zach Wilson (knee) will "likely miss time" October 24th, 2021
- Ty Johnson (concussion) questionable to return for Jets in Week 7 October 24th, 2021