Michael Thomas (ankle) landing on Saints PUP list
The New Orleans Saints are placing wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) on the reserve/PUP list, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Thomas is still recovering from offseason foot surgery and now he won't be eligible to make his season debut until Week 8 versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Marquez Callaway and Tre'Quan Smith are seen as the Saints' top two receivers without Thomas available. Alvin Kamara also stands to benefit from more targets. New Orleans starts their season against the Green Bay Packers on September 12.
Smith is the WR29 and Callaway is the WR43 in numberFire's Week 1 rankings, and they have $5,500 and $5,200 salaries, respectively. Our models project Smith for 10.1 FanDuel points and Callaway is expected to produce 9.2 FanDuel points versus the Packers.
- Cardinals' Kliff Kingsbury (COVID-19) will not coach Week 6's game against Browns October 15th, 2021
- Seahawks place running back Chris Carson (neck) on Injured Reserve October 15th, 2021
- Cleveland's David Njoku (knee) not listed on Week 6's injury report October 15th, 2021
- Browns' Kareem Hunt (wrist, knee) questionable for Week 6 October 15th, 2021
- Washington optimistic Terry McLaurin (hamstring) can play in Week 6 October 15th, 2021
- Cardinals' Chase Edmonds (shoulder) questionable for Week 6 clash with Browns October 15th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (concussion) carted from Saints' Week 5 game October 10th, 2021
- Schefter: Saints' Tony Jones (ankle) expected to miss 3-4 weeks October 5th, 2021
- Saints' Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) placed on injured reserve September 10th, 2021
- Saints' Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Saints release Latavius Murray September 7th, 2021
- Michael Thomas (ankle) landing on Saints PUP list August 31st, 2021