Texans confirm committee backfield approach
Houston Texans head coach David Culley said the offense will use a committee running back approach this season.
Mark Ingram and Phillip Lindsay are expected to work mostly on early downs while David Johnson handles pass-catching duties and plays a more change-of-pace role. Johnson is the only one of the three who has worked effectively as a three-down back in his career. The Texans host the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 1.
Ingram has a $4,700 salary for Week 1 and numberFire's models expect him to lead the Texans' backfield with 9.8 touches and 7.5 FanDuel points versus the Jags. Johnson has a $5,700 salary and is projected for 7.8 touches and 6.1 FanDuel points. Lindsay has a $5,200 salary and is projected for 4.5 touches and 3.4 FanDuel points.
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (ankle) ruled out for Divisional Round clash with Rams January 21st, 2022
- Titans officially activate Derrick Henry (foot) from injured reserve, expected to start against Bengals January 21st, 2022
- Darrel Williams (toe) questionable for Kansas City's Divisional Round contest against Bills January 21st, 2022
- Kansas City's Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) not listed on Divisional Round injury report January 21st, 2022
- Andrew Whitworth (ankle/knee) ruled out for Rams' Divisional Round matchup January 21st, 2022
- Rams designate Darrell Henderson (knee) to return from injured reserve, remains out against Tampa Bay January 21st, 2022
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (knee) questionable to return in Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Texans' Chris Conley (knee) misses another practice January 6th, 2022
- Texans activate Brandin Cooks from COVID list December 29th, 2021
- Texans' David Johnson lands on reserve/COVID list ahead of Week 17 December 27th, 2021
- Texans rule out David Johnson (quad) for Week 16 December 26th, 2021
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (health protocols) out for Week 16 December 25th, 2021