Minnesota's Irv Smith (meniscus) reportedly expected to miss start of regular season
According to Tom Pelissero, Minnesota Vikings tight end Irv Smith (meniscus) is expected to undergo surgery "that will sideline him for at least the start of the regular season."
Smith's exact timetable remains unknown but it appears Minnesota's young tight end could miss more than one regular season game after meniscus surgery. Expect Tyler Conklin to see a boost in playing time while Smith is sidelined.
According to Pro Football Focus on 212 receiving snaps last season, Conklin produced 19 receptions for 194 yards and a 54.5 receiving rating.
- Rams' Odell Beckham suffered a hip pointer injury in Week 12 November 29th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) active for Week 12 November 29th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (shoulder) unlikely to play for Lions in Week 13 November 29th, 2021
- Raiders' Darren Waller (knee) considered week-to-week November 29th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Pat Freiermuth being evaluated for concussion on Monday November 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' CeeDee Lamb (concussion) participating in full ahead of Week 13 November 29th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) expected to miss at least two games November 29th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook dealing with dislocated shoulder November 29th, 2021
- Rapoport: Vikings' Dalvin Cook dislocated shoulder, to undergo MRI Monday November 28th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (shoulder) ruled out for Vikings for rest of Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (personal conduct policy) expects to play Week 10 November 10th, 2021
- Vikings place Patrick Peterson (hamstring) on IR October 18th, 2021