Phillip Lindsay starts Texans preseason opener
Houston Texans running back Phillip Lindsay started in the team's first preseason game against the Green Bay Packers.
Lindsay started over David Johnson and out-snapped him eight-to-two in the first quarter. Lindsay rushed five times for 14 yards, with all of his volume coming on the Texans' opening drive, while Johnson recorded his only carry on the same possession. Mark Ingram was inactive. The Texans are expected to rely on a committee in the backfield this season, but Lindsay appears to at least have secured an early-down role. Lindsay's ADP in 12-team PPR leagues (RB49, 11.01) is currently more than two rounds behind Johnson's (RB38, 8.04), per Fantasy Football Calculator.
Lindsay is currently the RB51 in numberFire's preseason PPR fantasy rankings with a projection of 110.7 carries for 491.2 yards and 3.23 touchdowns, with another 16.5 catches (22.9 targets) for 108.2 yards. Johnson is our RB35 and projected for 133.0 carries and 31.3 receptions (46.4 targets).
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Matt Ryan wowing Colts in first offseason together June 12th, 2022
- Colts continue Nyheim Hines hype May 26th, 2022
- Reich: Colts 'will see how things play out with' T.Y. Hilton April 20th, 2022
- Falcons send quarterback Matt Ryan to Colts via trade March 21st, 2022
- Mo Alie-Cox signs three-year deal with Colts March 14th, 2022
- Commanders acquire Carson Wentz in trade with Colts March 9th, 2022