Bengals' Joe Mixon "accepting all challenges" heading into 2021 season
Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon is ready to embrace in an expanded role this season, following the departure of Giovani Bernard in the offseason, according to ESPN's Ben Baby.
Speaking to the media about embracing leadership, Mixon said "I look forward to the roles, whatever comes my way. I'm accepting all challenges." He specifically mentioned the important of protecting Joe Burrow in the passing game, stating "at the end of the day you're not going to win every rep, but I always take the initiative of protecting the quarterback for sure.” Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan emphasized Mixon's potential in the passing game, telling reporters "he runs good routes for his size, he’s hard to cover, he’s hard to tackle. All the things we want to do with him are open to us.”
numberFire's models project Mixon for 1,295.7 rushing yards, 9.05 rushing touchdowns, 410.7 receiving yards, and 2.69 receiving touchdowns this season. He is the RB12 in our preseason fantasy projections.
- Cardinals' Kliff Kingsbury (COVID-19) will not coach Week 6's game against Browns October 15th, 2021
- Seahawks place running back Chris Carson (neck) on Injured Reserve October 15th, 2021
- Cleveland's David Njoku (knee) not listed on Week 6's injury report October 15th, 2021
- Browns' Kareem Hunt (wrist, knee) questionable for Week 6 October 15th, 2021
- Washington optimistic Terry McLaurin (hamstring) can play in Week 6 October 15th, 2021
- Cardinals' Chase Edmonds (shoulder) questionable for Week 6 clash with Browns October 15th, 2021
- Joe Mixon (ankle) 'should get full workload' for Bengals October 15th, 2021
- Joe Burrow (throat) practicing in full for Bengals October 13th, 2021
- Joe Mixon (ankle) active at Bengals practice October 13th, 2021
- Bengals' Samaje Perine placed on reserve/COVID list October 11th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (throat) taken to local hospital after Week 5 loss October 10th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Mixon (ankle) active for Week 5 October 10th, 2021