Marquez Callaway reportedly playing into Saints' No. 1 receiver conversation
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Marquez Callaway is looking like the top option at the position thus far in training camp, according to Katherine Terrell of The Athletic.
"Last year, Marquez Callaway was the feel good story of the team after making the team as an undrafted free agent. Now, he’s become the No. 1 receiver by default," Terrell wrote. "Callaway’s teammates and coaches absolutely rave about him and all point out that he’s taken every chance he’s been given since last year." With Michael Thomas out until potentially late October and Tre'Quan Smith reportedly dealing with a leg injury, Callaway is making the most of his first-team reps. Someone is going to have to split out wide early this season for the Saints, and Callaway is as good a bet as any currently.
Our models currently project Callaway for 52.39 catches on 83.65 targets for 657.76 yards and 3.77 touchdowns this season.
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (ankle) ruled out for Divisional Round clash with Rams January 21st, 2022
- Titans officially activate Derrick Henry (foot) from injured reserve, expected to start against Bengals January 21st, 2022
- Darrel Williams (toe) questionable for Kansas City's Divisional Round contest against Bills January 21st, 2022
- Kansas City's Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) not listed on Divisional Round injury report January 21st, 2022
- Andrew Whitworth (ankle/knee) ruled out for Rams' Divisional Round matchup January 21st, 2022
- Rams designate Darrell Henderson (knee) to return from injured reserve, remains out against Tampa Bay January 21st, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) out for Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Tre'Quan Smith (chest) returns to Saints practice January 6th, 2022
- Mark Ingram (knee) on track for Saints in Week 18 January 6th, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) out for Week 17 January 2nd, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) considered unlikely to play in Week 17 January 2nd, 2022
- Saints' Taysom Hill activated from reserve/COVID list on Wednesday December 29th, 2021