Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason
Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has been "letting it rip" in training camp so far this offseason.
Tua's rookie season was characterized by checkdowns and a reported unwillingness to target receivers in close coverage. Reports this offseason have painted a completely different portrait, repeatedly noting Tagovailoa's willingness to press defenses down the field and his ability to routinely hit receivers in-stride. Tagovailoa could be in for a huge jump in performance in his second season, especially after the team bolstered his receiving corps in the offseason.
Tua currently projects to finish as the QB19 in fantasy football, but there has arguably been no team across the league that has done more to upgrade their pass-catching group than the Dolphins. Now another year removed from the brutal hip injury that prematurely ended his collegiate career, Tua could be in line for a massive sophomore season.
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Will Fuller (personal) returns to Dolphins' facility Monday September 20th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) considered day-to-day for Dolphins September 20th, 2021
- Update: Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa dealing with bruised ribs September 19th, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (upper body) carted to locker room, Jacoby Brisset now under center against Buffalo September 19th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) active for Week 2 matchup against Bills September 19th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021