Jonathan Taylor drawing plenty of targets in Colts' passing game
Indianapolis Colts running back Jonathan Taylor has reportedly been a major factor in the team's passing game during early training camp practices.
Per the Indy Star's Joel Erickson, Taylor led the team in targets during their 11-vs-11 drills, catching six passes over the course of two days. While the low volume here does imply that the team intends to spread its targets around in 2021, it also shows that Taylor has room to grow for fantasy football this season.
Taylor went on a tear (on the ground) to end the 2020 fantasy season, but didn't draw quite enough attention in the passing-game to enthrall fantasy mangers for the upcoming season. If he can develop his talents in the passing game, he could hold top-tier upside for fantasy this season. Still, as it currently stands, Taylor projects to finish as the RB5 in numberFire's 2021 projections.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021