49ers' Trey Lance begins practicing designed run plays in training camp
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Trey Lance ran his first designed run plays of training camp on Saturday.
After operating from the pocket on the first three days of 49ers training camp, Lance mixed in some designed run plays on Saturday. According to ESPN's Nick Wagoner, Lance was also solid throwing from the pocket while Jimmy Garoppolo struggled, throwing two interceptions. Lance's involvement in the run game is important for his high-end range of outcomes in his rookie season under Kyle Shanahan.
Assuming an even playing time split with Jimmy Garoppolo, our models project Lance for 35.5 carries this season for 159.2 yards and 1.85 touchdowns. He is the QB30 in our preseason fantasy projections.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) missing from practice September 23rd, 2021
- Trey Sermon (concussion) in non-contact jersey again for 49ers September 23rd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon (concussion) 'trending in good direction' September 22nd, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021