Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz is out indefinitely with a foot injury, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Wentz injured his foot at the end of Thursday's practice and is undergoing extensive testing to determine the severity of the issue. Second-year quarterback Jacob Eason took the starter reps at Friday's practice and sixth-round rookie Sam Ehlinger played backup. Wentz was limited to 12 games last season and he missed five games in 2018.
Among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs last season, Wentz added the third-fewest Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. He averaged 17.8 FanDuel points per game, finishing 21st among quarterbacks. Wentz also earned a career-low 65.0 grade from Pro Football Focus that ranked 31st at his position.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021