Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team
New York Jets rookie running back Michael Carter started training camp with the first-team offense.
The Jets are expected to use a committee approach in the backfield with Carter, Tevin Coleman, and Ty Johnson, but it's encouraging to see the fourth-rounder working with the starters early on. Carter's pass-catching ability allows him to contribute on all three downs and he is the favorite to lead the Jets' backfield in touches this season.
numberFire's models currently project Carter to lead the Jets' backfield across the board as a rookie, with 138.3 carries, 594.7 rush yards, 35.2 catches (47.2 targets), 243.4 receiving yards, and 5.11 touchdowns. Coleman is projected for 114.7 carries and 12.6 catches, with Johnson pegged for 83.2 rush attempts and 10.3 receptions. Carter is the RB36 in our preseason fantasy rankings, followed by Coleman (RB48) and then Johnson (RB58).
- Trey Sermon to be active Sunday for 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Will Fuller (personal) will not play for Dolphins in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021
- Jets losing top OL Mekhi Becton (knee) 4-6 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) ruled out for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 1 clash with Panthers September 10th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) ruled out for Jets in Week 1 September 10th, 2021