Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger
Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs said he gained 13 pounds this offseason in an effort to become stronger and more physical.
Ruggs said he is focusing on improving in both the passing and running game. The added muscle should translate to more production in the short passing game, which is where Derek Carr likes to throw the ball. Ruggs, last year's No. 12 pick in the draft, is entering this season as the Raiders' top wide receiver. The offseason departure of Nelson Agholor, who finished second on the Raiders with 82 targets last year, should result in more opportunities for Ruggs in his sophomore season.
Ruggs is the WR54 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him to lead the Raiders receivers with 89.4 targets, 55.8 receptions, 822.8 yards, and 3.89 touchdowns.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) doubtful for Week 3's game against Dolphins September 24th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (ankle) registers DNP for Raiders again September 23rd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Derek Carr (ankle) questionable for Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ruggs records 113 yards, touchdown for Raiders September 20th, 2021